A Strategic Approach to Marketing
Successful marketing efforts usually consider 3 important stages. Depending on your organisation, one or more of these may be relevant.
- Who do you appeal to? Who is your target market?
- What makes you special / unique?
- What benefits do you offer? What defines you?
- What you offer and how?
- Your Brand Positioning
Examples of how we can help:
- Consumer research
- Customer feedback surveys
- In-depth interviews and focus groups
- Develop marketing strategy
- Develop marketing plan
- Facilitate planning session with your team
2. Branding and Professional Materials
Translates your brand positioning into your unique look and feel – so you appeal to your target market. We make sure all your marketing and communications are consistent.
Examples of how we can help
- Develop new brand identity (logo) or update your existing look
- Write brand and style guidelines – to ensure your logo and brand is always represented well and consistently
- Design, write copy and print professional materials such as flyers and brochures
- Design and print corporate signage
- Design, write copy and build a professional, mobile-responsive website
3. Getting the message out
- Choosing the right marketing channel to reach your target market
- Helping you to be found and noticed by your target market
- Keeping your online content current to ensure interest and boost your search engine performance
- Approaches may focus on awareness and education for new users or on repeat purchase for existing or past users
Examples of how we help
- Printed materials: Direct mail of printed materials to complement your business development
- Advertising: Design and supply advertising for print, eg, magazine or web
- Social Media: Design and manage your social media presence (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), including regular relevant updates, competitions and managing all conversations
- Digital specific initiatives: purpose-built mobile sites to build engagement with specific target audiences
- Integrated campaigns: Combining print, outdoor, web, social media and PR to communicate important messages
How well do these options fit with your needs?
The Process We Follow
This is the typical process we follow:
1. Pre-formal project sign-on
- Confirm your requirements, gain a thorough understanding of your organisation and needs, and discuss suitable options to meet your objectives
- Provide you with an all-inclusive quote, agree deliverables, project timings, terms and conditions, and contingencies (areas where projects often go off the rails)
- When all aspects are agreed, you give the go-ahead to proceed
2. Upon agreement to proceed
- Confirm full project scope, requirements and mandatory inclusions in our Requirements Brief
- Face-to-face project kick-off meeting if required
- You provide all background information, which will vary from project to project (examples include old logos or brochures, past research, any copy you would like included on documents or website, photos and images)
- Initial invoice issued
3. First draft
- We develop and supply a first draft of the marketing being undertaken
- You have time to review and provide any feedback and request any changes
- Together we consider and agree any possible improvements
In some projects, you may want additional add-on components that are beyond the scope of the original project, for example new photography for a website or brochure, or deciding on a larger print run. In this case, we provide you with a quote for the additional work and only undertake tasks you have agreed to.
4. Final Artwork or Materials
- We incorporate requested changes
- We produce final artwork or designs
- We both do a final proof and check for any small errors
- You approve the work to proceed
5. Print, production and delivery or supply
- For printed materials, we organise the printing and delivery to your nominated address
- For web development, we undertake the build stage and then hand over to you. If required, we facilitate training for you to use your content management system to update your website
- For advertising, we organise the correct file types and submit to the chosen magazine or website
- Final invoice issued